Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This Year's Flower Garden

I'm finally seeing some progress in my flower garden this year! We haven't had much hot weather at all, so the growing has been S-L-O-W.

Below we have morning glories (Grandpa Ott variety - purple heirloom) climbing up one of the trellises that Dad made . In front of them is a row of zinnias, and in front of them a row of larkspur and rudbekia (which is a yellow flower related to black-eyed-susans).

IMG_3196

On the other side we have some wind-blown sweet peas climbing up another trellis. In front of them is a row of a different kind of zinnia and in front of them is another row of larkspur. In the big gray pot next to the sweet peas is a climbing pink jasmine plant that we've had for a few years.

IMG_3198

Close-up of the zinnias:

IMG_3199

Asters

IMG_3200

Zinnia

IMG_3202

Larkspur

IMG_3203

And my first sunflower that bloomed!

IMG_3192

We have more flowers than this, but that's all the pics I have for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty!
The last of my sunflowers and zinnias have bloomed. They looked like yours!
I have some gladiolas coming up.