Saturday, September 22, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my new nature blog! I have created this blog as a place to post my photos, observations, and descriptions of God’s marvelous creation. This year, and especially since finishing college, I have had time to cultivate a love of gardening. In addition, my dad and I have been walking around the lake near us every morning for almost a year, and we take hiking trips whenever we can. The area we live in has so many beautiful spots that I think having a nature blog will be an excellent way to keep my photos and journalings in one place.

Job 12:7-10 says, “But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee; and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee: who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the Lord hath wrought this?”

Psalm 19:1-3 says, “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech or language, where their voice is not heard.”

Romans 1:20 says, “For the invisible things of him [God] from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse.”

God reveals His image to us through His creation. It’s hard to believe that anyone could NOT believe in God when one looks at the intricacy and beauty of nature. Evidence of His hand is everywhere, drawing us closer to Him, and great joy and peace can be found by simply looking at all that He has made. I pray that the things I post here will increase your awe of God as Creator and Lord.

No comments: